Time to Improve that Basement Space?
Find the Best Basement Remodeling Contractor Near You
Basement spaces offer a world of opportunity for improving your living space and increasing your home’s value. Working in partnership with a reliable remodeler can help you design a unique space perfectly suited to your needs.
Of course, Google is a great starting place to begin a search for local remodelers, but also look into local Facebook groups as well as other sites, such as Nextdoor, to ask for your neighbors’ recommendations for local experts. Visit reputable review sites, like HomeAdvisor, Houzz and Thumbtack, for reviews and ratings. Explore the Website for each remodeling contractor that you’re considering: Look through their portfolio and see if their project examples seem to mesh well with your design goals (and perhaps spur some new ideas for your basement refinish or redesign as well!). Make sure that the remodeling company you choose is licensed, bonded and insured.
Once you’ve found your expert remodeling contractor, you can explore the many options available for amping up your basement:
- Entertaining space – If you like to have friends and family over, think about what would be conducive to your needs. A wet bar, for example, will allow you to store beverages, and mix and serve drinks, while the counter can provide ample seating for your guests.
- Theater room – If you love to watch movies on a big screen, perhaps a theater room is the way to go. Work with your remodeling company to determine the lighting and sound you’ll need for the best “movie-theater” experience, then select the screen size and seating that fits both your needs and your space.
- Kids’ play room – Designating an area of your basement for your kids is a great way to keep all of their toys in a contained area, while teaching them how to take care of their own space.
- Man cave – Speaking of designated spaces, if you’re looking to finally build that man cave, use the expertise of your remodeler to discuss the goals you have for that space. Do you want a place to relax with your friends while watching the game, or are you looking to build an area to set up a card or pool table?
- Area for homeschooling – As many parents have had to adapt to a new way of schooling over the last couple of years, maybe you want to build a homeschool area for your children. How do you best set up a desk space for each student, and what additional work space will they need? How do you set the area up to allow the necessary quiet space to avoid distraction?
- Gym – If you like to work out, but don’t want to go to a gym, invest in building a designated home gym, which is a great use for basement space. Think about what type of flooring you’ll want – do you need it to add some cushion for high-impact activities, or insulation and sturdiness for weights? – and the type of equipment you’d like to furnish your home gym with, so your remodeling contractor can discuss the best approach to the design and build.
- Additional living space, like a kitchen, bathroom, and/or bedroom – Maybe your family has outgrown your current space, or you’re looking to supplement your income by turning your basement into separate living quarters. Your remodeler can design a space that meets your needs as well as all of the necessary residential codes for your area.
Doing your research and choosing the best remodeling company means you can rely on their expertise for the best design and construction for your basement project, whatever your goals and budget. Feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions about this process, or if you want to explore the many options available for redesigning and remodeling your space.