Kitchen Remodeling ideas for 2022!
Continuing Trends for the 2022 Kitchen
You’ve finally decided to renovate your kitchen, but, after starting your research in earnest, quickly became overwhelmed when searching the Internet for kitchen design ideas and trends. Here at Experts Remodel, we want to make it easier for you to envision your new kitchen, and perhaps explore some ideas you haven’t yet considered.
In making the decision to remodel or update your kitchen, it’s always best to determine your priorities: Layout, countertops, cabinets, appliances, flooring, fixtures, backsplash, lighting. Which of these is most important to you? What do you want as the focal point of your new kitchen?
Also, if this is to be your forever home or one you only expect to be in for a limited time, that may influence style choices you make as well. Having a trusted, reputable remodeling company with the knowledge and resources to help guide you along the way will be vital to your satisfaction when the project is complete.
As we move forward through 2022, some of the most notable trends we continue to see in our customers’ requests are:
- Replacing old countertops with engineered quartz or granite.
- Continuing the same material as the backsplash for a seamless transition.
- Prominent veining.
- Butcher block for island counters.
- Pops of color in the island cabinetry (a great way to use your favorite color without overwhelming the space).
- Removing walls to open the kitchen into the living space and adding an island to negate any loss of storage or seating.
- Double islands in large kitchens to allow ample room for food prep, and still have a gathering spot for family & guests.
- Ceiling-high cabinets to make the most out of your space and maintain those clean lines.
- White cabinetry still remains a classic look, whether going for farmhouse or modern or anything in between.
- Many homeowners are accenting those upper white cabinets with warmer, darker colors for the base cabinets.
- Statement range hoods.
- Mixing metals (brass with dark bronze; brass with nickel; oil-rubbed bronze with copper; black as a neutral).
- Apron sinks – not only in the classic farmhouse style – but in concrete, copper, even granite.
- Pull-down faucets, as well as touchless faucets for ease of use and function.
Other key trends:
- Designated coffee or beverage stations.
- Induction ranges (they are the hot appliance: faster, safer, cleaner & more efficient).
- Addition of a butler’s pantry (another great location for that pop of a favorite color);
- Natural patinas to fixtures and tiles;
- Hardwoods still remain popular for flooring, but vinyl flooring is on the rise as homeowners expand their artistic palates.
There are many options to consider when planning your kitchen remodel. If you have any questions about your kitchen redesign, or are looking for an expert remodeler for your own kitchen project, please feel free to reach out to us.